I don't know about you, but I am trying to RELAX this year. Steam Facial is a prefect way to do that.
Life is always stressful, but it is best to turn the home into a place where you can block out all distractions and negativity. In my opinion, an amazing way to do that is with a steam facial!
If you have not done a steam facial, you really should! Steam facials are a great DIY way to hydrate your skin, refresh your sinuses and release any stress from your day.
Want to try one yourself? Here are some extremely easy steps:
1. Wash your face
2. Grab a comfy large thick towel
3. Boil 2-3 cups of water, add 1-2 Tablespoon tea, cover and steep for 5 minutes.
4. Add to large heat proof bowl or place you pan somewhere heat safe.
5. Place on a very steady table/ counter somewhere you can sit for 10 minutes.
6. Remove cover, sit down near bowl, place thick large towel over your head and bowl
make a tent.
7. Place your face at least 12-15 inches from bowl and close your eyes. Rest in your tent for 5-10 min. You can lift towel or take breaks if needed.
8. Once done you can do a moisture mask or you can refresh with cool toner and moisturize.
9. You can use cool tea in bath, hair rinse or water your plants.
In case you are reading this blog and really like the idea of a steam facial, you are going to love that I'm introducing new steam facial teas in my care boxes next month! Check back on my website and stay tuned.
If you don’t have time for a steam facial, I also enjoy a really warm soft washcloth.
Normal/ Combination- Lavender buds, peppermint, rosemary, rose petals, calendula, chamomile, raspberry leaf and comfrey leaf.
Dry- Crushed fennel seeds, lavender buds, rosemary, rose petals, calendula, elderflowers, chamomile and comfrey leaf.
Oily- Peppermint, raspberry leaf, sage, rosemary, calendula, orange peels
You can add a few drops of essential oil if you desire too
Normal/ Combination- Lavender, peppermint, rosemary, chamomile, geranium and frankincense.
Dry- Lavender, rosemary, chamomile and frankincense.
Oily- Peppermint, juniper, frankincense and lavender.
Helping you relax, getting back to nature and natural living.